American Society for Yad Vashem Job Posting
Tri-State Region Director
New York, NY
WHO WE ARE
Established in 1981 by visionary Holocaust survivors, the American Society for Yad Vashem (ASYV) promotes Yad Vashem’s mission of Holocaust education, research, documentation, and commemoration. We engage a broad community of caring individuals to learn about the Holocaust and keep its memory and lessons alive. With the support of our donors, ASYV strengthens the efforts of Yad Vashem, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center, which was established in 1953 by the Israeli parliament as the Jewish people’s memorial to the murdered six million Jews and to ensure that the voices of the survivors continue to resonate. Together we remember the past and shape the future.
The Tri-State Regional Director will provide professional leadership to build and strengthen the Tri-State fundraising, educational efforts, and leadership development programs of ASYV. A primary responsibility will be the continued growth and expansion in all aspects of development, (new donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship) as well as national and regional campaign planning. In addition, the individual will be the key professional responsible for building and expanding a Tri-State leadership structure to encourage and strengthen regional activity and awareness of unique role that Yad Vashem brings to Holocaust education, remembrance, and commemoration for New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut with possible future expansion into the Mid-Atlantic states. Successful candidates will possess superb relationship management, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills, including the ability to inspire and hold accountable diverse internal and external stakeholders (including funders, peers, Yad Vashem team, board members, and supporters); the ability for handling multiple, complex fundraising initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment; commitment to quality and excellent customer service; keen attention to detail, and the ability to deal with confidential information discreetly, ethically and prudently.
• Partner with the Tri-State Regional lay leadership to expand and inspire an active lay leadership council;
• Manage individual portfolio of major donors, foundations and corporate partners to include creating donor strategies to renew and upgrade giving;
• Directly solicit and close gifts from major prospects and maintain relationships through mail, phone, or in-person contacts; coordinate local mailing campaigns;
• Organize and execute area fundraising events such as gala dinners/luncheons, parlor meetings and other special events to raise awareness and contributions for the American Society for Yad Vashem;
• Cultivate and maintain community relationships and community outreach; identify potential speakers for activities and/or events and build community presence;
• Participate in National Development Team efforts and contribute to national projects.
• 5+ years of development experience (regional experience preferred);
• Proven track record of creating and executing effective fundraising strategies for diverse revenue streams, with success in soliciting and closing 5 and 6-figure gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations;
• Quantifiable success in building productive relationships with donors and philanthropic institutions;
• Experience partnering with lay leadership and building leadership structures;
• Entrepreneurial perspective and practice in donor identification and cultivation;
• Proven success in planning large fundraising events;
• Comfort and ability to engage key stakeholders, donors and partners in the US and Israel;
• Commitment to national team success while maintaining regional accountability and achieving regional goals;
• Comfort and ability to work closely with lay leadership and a collaborative spirit working with national team members;
• Willingness to travel both in the US and Israel and;
• Knowledge and interest in preserving Holocaust history.
Salary Range: $135K – $145K with comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please click here to send your resume and cover letter.