Special Event and Office Associate
Los Angeles, CA: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Who We Are:
Since its founding over sixty-five years ago, Yad Vashem, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center, on the Mount of Remembrance in Jerusalem, has become synonymous with Holocaust remembrance throughout the world. Courageously confronting the annals of Nazi evil, it serves as the voice of the Jewish people and the conscience of humanity in the vital endeavor to transmit the history and the significance of the Holocaust to future generations. With the help and support of our generous donors, Yad Vashem stands as the international community’s preeminent institution, at the forefront of Holocaust education, commemoration, documentation, and research. With unsurpassed skill and experience, Yad Vashem succeeds in instilling the memory of the Holocaust with depth and meaning, thus helping to ensure that the memory of the victims and the voices of the survivors will resonate and inspire for generations to come.
The American Society for Yad Vashem (ASYV) was established in 1981 by a group of Holocaust survivors, spearheaded by Eli Zborowski z”l, to support the crucial efforts of Yad Vashem. ASYV advances the mission of Holocaust education and remembrance by hosting social, educational and fundraising events in the United States. With the support of our donors, next generation and third generation families, ASYV is able to strengthen the efforts of Yad Vashem as together we remember the past and shape the future.
The American Society for Yad Vashem is looking for a professional, friendly and highly motivated Special Events and Office Associate be responsible for events planning, coordination and execution of the fundraising events including but not limited to parlor meetings, luncheon, galas, and other group meetings/social events. They will first point of contact to telephone callers and office visitors as well as manage office vendors (IT, mail, supplies, copiers) supplies to ensure and maintain professional office environment. The ideal candidate possesses a ‘no task too small, no task too big’ attitude, is naturally empathetic, proactively owns and solves problems, and brings everyone along in the fun..
A successful candidate will be someone with:
- Minimum of Associates Degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred; and
- Minimum of 3-5 years administrative support assistance and/or special events experience preferably in a non-profit.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively and diplomatically with others, both orally and in writing, to obtain and furnish information, respond to inquiries and resolve problems; while maintaining the appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Experience coordination all aspects of both small events to large (600+ attendees) sit-down dinner events;
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures;
- Solutions-oriented: problem solver;
- Commitment to being a team player and contributing toward organization goals;
- Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills, strong time-management abilities;
- A stellar communicator who is able to convey messages in a clear and concise manner;
- You’ll have a lot of responsibility on your shoulders, so we need someone of high integrity who is flexible, dependable, responsible, and empathetic
- Extreme proficiency within Microsoft Office tool – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Proficiency working with donor database, DonorPerfect a plus or similar system; and
- Ability to adjust your plan and adapt when new ideas are raised or the schedule changes.
How to apply:
Candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Special Events & Office Associate in the subject header.
Note: Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will be contacted directly.
American Society for Yad Vashem provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ASYV complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.