Development Manager, West
Los Angeles, CA: Full-time, Exempt
Who We Are:
Since its founding over sixty-five years ago, Yad Vashem, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center, on the Mount of Remembrance in Jerusalem, has become synonymous with Holocaust remembrance throughout the world. Courageously confronting the annals of Nazi evil, it serves as the voice of the Jewish people and the conscience of humanity in the vital endeavor to transmit the history and the significance of the Holocaust to future generations. With the help and support of our generous donors, Yad Vashem stands as the international community’s preeminent institution, at the forefront of Holocaust education, commemoration, documentation, and research. With unsurpassed skill and experience, Yad Vashem succeeds in instilling the memory of the Holocaust with depth and meaning, thus helping to ensure that the memory of the victims and the voices of the survivors will resonate and inspire for generations to come.
The American Society for Yad Vashem (ASYV) was established in 1981 by a group of Holocaust survivors, spearheaded by Eli Zborowski z”l, to support the crucial efforts of Yad Vashem. ASYV advances the mission of Holocaust education and remembrance by hosting social, educational and fundraising events in the United States. With the support of our donors, next generation and third generation families, ASYV is able to strengthen the efforts of Yad Vashem as together we remember the past and shape the future.
The American Society for Yad Vashem is looking for an experienced development self-starter who can combine skillful leadership and development/major gift experience to expand the presence of ASYV on the West Coast. This person will be responsible for raising funds by utilizing a variety of strategies including face-to-face solicitations, parlor meetings and major events in their designated area and in the region as a whole that will encompass donor cultivation and solicitation and fulfillment events and raise awareness of Yad Vashem in Israel and the American Society for Yad Vashem.
A successful candidate will be someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree required,
- At least 5-7 years management experience in a non-profit;
- Proven track record of creating and executing effective fundraising strategies for diverse revenue streams, with success in soliciting and closing several major gifts annually from individuals, foundations and corporations;
- Track record of building long-term, productive relationships with donors and philanthropic institutions;
- Demonstrated ability for handling multiple, complex fundraising initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
- Superb relationship management, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills, including the ability to inspire and hold accountable diverse internal and external stakeholders (including funders, peers, Yad Vashem team, board members and supporters);
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Commitment to quality work, relentless and keen attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills; the ability to meet daily deadlines and balance competing priorities in a complex environment requiring significant collaboration;
- Ability to deal with confidential information discreetly, ethically and prudently;
- A strong and demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service and quality improvement is essential; and
- Knowledge and interest in preserving Holocaust history.
How to apply:
Candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Associate, West in the subject header.
Note: Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will be contacted directly.
American Society for Yad Vashem provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ASYV complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.