New York, NY: Full-time, Exempt
The American Society for Yad Vashem (ASYV) supports the crucial efforts of Yad Vashem, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center in Jerusalem. ASYV trains educators and professionals to promulgate the educational curriculum of Yad Vashem in the classroom and beyond, promotes Holocaust education and awareness by partnering with public schools and developing educational opportunities within and beyond the Jewish community. With the support of donors, ASYV is able to strengthen the efforts of Yad Vashem to work tirelessly to pass the torch of Holocaust remembrance to communities around the country and around the world.
The American Society for Yad Vashem seeks a Development Administrator who will be the backbone of and manage the systems that support the Development Team. The Development team raises roughly $15M using all potential fundraising streams and mechanisms. Reporting to the National Campaign Director, the Administrator will provide the coordination, reporting, and overall support the team requires to succeed.
The Development Administrator will be responsible for:
- Preparing and sending mailings, compiling meeting materials, and scheduling appointments;
- Managing communications (phone, mail and email) with donors and the development team;
- Developing and/or editing written correspondence;
- Managing donor records and data entry into DonorPerfect;
- Preparing donor research and assemble materials for meetings;
- Coordinating logistics for events including preparing promotional material and invitations, interacting with vendors, tracking attendee responses, coordinating volunteer and program schedules; and
- Managing team calendar and attend meetings.
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Exemplary administrative and organizational skills, including accuracy, thoroughness, and meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong time management and project prioritization skills;
- Ability to take initiative and learn quickly while juggling multiple duties and tasks;
- A pleasant professional demeanor with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and courteously with all customers, clients, guests and staff;
- Strong writing skills (proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, required correspondence procedures and formats) as well as the ability to learn the preferred style and tone of the organization;
- Proficiency in MS Office software with an emphasis on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent judgment and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information;
- Proficiency with donor database systems, DonorPerfect a plus; and
- Ability to balance working proactively and independently with working collaboratively.
How to apply:
Candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Administrator in the subject header.
Note: Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will be contacted directly.
American Society for Yad Vashem provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ASYV complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.